Ordinary tourist visa is issued to Hungary citizens, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighboring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, a route must be included in the documents for a package tour (or in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization).
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry tourist visa the following documents must submitted:
- Confirmation of the tourist acceptance by a Russian touristic organization about which the information is included in the Uniform Federal Register of Tour Operators;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian contact center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Hungary, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Hungary Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
For the citizens of Hungary and the European Union
All fees can be paid only by BANK CARD (cash is not accepted).
|Processing time*||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)
|Single-, double-entry visa
|4-20 business days
||12600 HUF||9000 HUF||21 600 HUF||+5400 HUF|
|1-3 business days
||25200 HUF||9000 HUF||34 200 HUF||+5400 HUF|
*Approximate dates from the moment the documents are delivered to the Consular department. The final term of visa processing depends on the type of invitation and is determined by the Consular department on the basis of international agreements of the Russian Federation.
If you are a stateless person or are not a citizen of Hungary or the European Union, please check the fee of your visa with the call center operator.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the contact center.
This is a paid additional service that costs 1800 HUF for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Urgent submission.