Ordinary single-entry transit visa is issued to the citizens of Hungary, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation with a purpose of travelling in transit through the Russian Federation territory for a period up to 10 days (by road or railway) or for period up to 3 days (by air) based on tickets valid for exit from the Russian Federation, a visa allowing an entry to a neighboring country according to the itinerary, a visa of a destination country or a passport of this country.
A foreign citizen traveling through Russia to the destination country by vehicle can be issued a transit visa for a period sufficient to complete the travel taking the shortest possible route (but not exceeding 10 days period). In this case the visa duration is calculated based on an average estimated daily mileage - 500 km.
The validity period of a double-entry transit visa may not exceed one month. If a foreign citizen needs to travel through Russia to a third country and to return by the same route through the Russian territory within a period exceeding one month, he/she should first apply for a single-entry transit visa. The second transit visa should be applied for at the Russian Consulate in the destination country.
A transit visa is not required:
- in case of a change of planes in an airport of the Russian Federation with a transit area, providing a subsequent flight to a destination country within 24 hours from the arrival date to the Russian Federation is executed.
- in case of a direct flight over the Russian Federation territory;
- in case of an international connection flight with a layover in a Russian airport, provided that there is a transit area and that the next flight is scheduled within 24 hours following the arrival. Please note: Transit visa is required in case the foreign citizen leaves the airport transit area.
Transit visa is required if you are planning to leave the airport transit area!
Since the Eurasian Economic Union Treaty has come into force all flights between the member states are considered as domestic. Hence border and passport control is carried out only in one of these countries. Therefore passengers traveling to one of the member states with a flight change in Russia must obtain a transit visa beforehand.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry transit visa the following documents must be submitted:
- The tickets valid for entering and leaving the Russian Federation;
- A visa allowing entry to a neighboring country according to the itinerary, a visa to a destination country, a passport of this country or motivated request and the documents, confirming the necessity of a stop, except if otherwise provided in an international agreement. A visa is not required for the citizens of countries with a visa-free entry to a neighboring country or a destination country in compliance with the existing agreements between them.
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian contact center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Hungary, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Hungary Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
For the citizens of Hungary and the European Union in accordance with the provisions of the EU-Russian Federation Agreement
All fees can be paid only by BANK CARD (cash is not accepted).
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)
|4-20 business days
||12600 HUF||9000 HUF||21 600 HUF||+5400 HUF|
|1-3 business days
||25200 HUF||9000 HUF||34 200 HUF||+5400 HUF|
*Approximate dates from the moment the documents are delivered to the Consular department. The final term of visa processing depends on the type of invitation and is determined by the Consular department on the basis of international agreements of the Russian Federation.
If you are a stateless person or are not a citizen of Hungary or the European Union, please check the fee of your visa with the call center operator.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the contact center.
This is a paid additional service that costs 1800 HUF for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Urgent submission.