Ordinary work visa is issued to citizens of Hungary, other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for work purposes based on an invitation issued by the General Administration for Migration issued of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (Russian MIA) with a possibility of further prolongation by the Russian MIA agency on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The basis for a prolongation may be an employment agreement or a civil contract, either work or service, concluded in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Work visa may only be single-entry with the validity period up to 90 days (except the visas for highly qualified specialists).
For the application for a common single- or multiple-entry work visa the following must be submitted:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
- Color photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm taken against a light background with a clear full face frontal view without tinted glasses or a head wear (except for religious or national head coverings that are also present in the applicant's passport photograph). At the Russian contact center you can opt for the additional Express Photo service;
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of the Russian Federation and during the validity period of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- A certificate of a negative HIV test of a foreign citizen in case the supporting invitation is issued by the Department of Domestic Affairs/FMS or is a telex invitation. The certificate has to be submitted in the original and be valid for no more than three months.
Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa processing, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
If you are not a citizen of Hungary, you must also submit:
A permit for a continuous stay in Hungary for more than 90 days for citizens of the following countries: Albania, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Egypt, India, Ireland, Macedonia, Mexico, New Zealand, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Venezuela.
According to the national legislation of Hungary, a residence permit issued based on a corresponding visa serves as a document based on which a foreign citizen may continuously stay in the country for more than 90 days.
- Hungary Permanent Resident Card for the citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Chad, China, DPRK, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria.
For the citizens of Hungary and the European Union in accordance with the provisions of the EU-Russian Federation Agreement
All fees can be paid only by BANK CARD (cash is not accepted).
||Consular fee||Service fee (incl. VAT)
|Single entry||Courier delivery|
|4-20 business days
||24000 HUF||9000 HUF||33 000 HUF||+5400 HUF|
|1-3 business days
||48000 HUF||9000 HUF||57 000 HUF||+5400 HUF|
|4-20 business days
||72000 HUF||9000 HUF||81 000 HUF||+5400 HUF|
|1-3 business days
||144000 HUF||9000 HUF||153 000 HUF||+5400 HUF|
*Approximate dates from the moment the documents are delivered to the Consular department. The final term of visa processing depends on the type of invitation and is determined by the Consular department on the basis of international agreements of the Russian Federation.
If you are a stateless person or are not a citizen of Hungary or the European Union, please check the fee of your visa with the call center operator.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Filling in the Russian visa application form
The application form for a Russian visa should be filled in online on the website of the Consular Department of the Russian Foreign Ministry: https://visa.kdmid.ru.
At your request we can fill in the application form for you at the contact center.
This is a paid additional service that costs 1800 HUF for each page of the application form.
A separate application form must be filled in for each applicant.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can opt for the following additional (paid) services:
- Visa application form filling;
- Photocopying / printing out of documents;
- Express photos;
- Submitting applications by mail;
- Courier delivery of processed applications;
- SMS text message notifications;
- Urgent submission.